Chinese New Year 2009!

I wrote this blog, its not too long ( IT IS SUPER DUPER LONG!) , be patient and see how I celebrated my Chinese New Year in Sandakan!



On the way to Chinese New Year...........................



According to AKTA 14 Wong's family code, we as the young teenage grandchildren must clean our 神台 every year before Chinese New Year! Guess what, We cleaned it when the clock strikes 12 a.m, and it ended at 4 a.m.


This is just the small one!


Here's the King size 神台, I was needed to climb up and clean every single part of it! Tiring!



I'm not the only who was working, my granny, mum and bro did help to clean it!


For Hokkien people, they believe that pineapple brings prosperity to us because of the way they say pineapple in hokkien actually is the same meaning with the word 旺来 which means prosperity coming in!


Although, I'm not hokkien but I'm Teo chew! My parents bought two gargantuan pineapple(decoration).



Look at me! I'm more than happy to hang them in front of my house!


Not forgetting to get myself some new clothes for Chinese New Year! Well for this year, I bought quite a lot of things since I earned money from coaching swimming!

While, I was trying out new clothes


Two of them were just too busy taking pictures using my camera!



Thanks, Vivian and Ah Chan for accompanying me buying new clothes! I will never forget the village accent! ' Han You Yi Gin'

On the day I arrived at Sandakan itself, I went to Jaye's house to have a small gathering because Siah will be going back to Johor during Chinese New Year!

We played pictionary, Jaye and I were partners for this game! Can you guess what I was trying to draw? * Hints- one word



*************************************************************************************



The day before Chinese New Year..........................


团圆饭 or ox-picious feast is one of the reasons why I like Chinese New Year so much! Why? Just look what I had for 团圆饭!

My mum, the main chef, had prepared scrumptious dishes for the whole family!


Now, let me highlight my all time favorite dishes!



Crystal Prawns! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... I'm letting out my frustrations because I feel hungry when I see this picture!




Shark's fins soup! Shark's fins : soup = 1 : 1! I ate a lot of shark's fins! Its heavenly!



Look at me and my bro! We ate a lot and drank a lot!



*************************************************************************************


1st day of Chinese New Year........................................

I was awaken until 4 in the morning because I was busy ironing my clothes! That is why I woke up late on the 1st day of Chinese New Year! Sigh*


I was waken up by the drums played for the lion dance! Then, I rushed down to take some pictures of these two adorable creatures!



I love this picture very much because its a little bit blur yet artistic and sophisticated!



Here's a better view of these two cutie lions!



It was raining heavily in the morning! My dad suggested that we will start visiting our relatives when the rain stop! I did not take any picture at my super duper senior relatives place!




However, This is my look on the 1st day of Chinese New Year!



*************************************************************************************


2nd day of Chinese New Year........................................


I went to my mother's side grand parents home! Both of them have passed away, and for this year, we were the only family who went back and had lunch with my two aunties! Feel sad to see such condition as it was way more people coming back celebrating with my grandparents!


Well, right after my grandparents' house, my friends came and visited me


This is just half of them! Another half visited me on the other day, but I forgotten to take picture with them, I' m so foolish!


Before they left, had a chit chat with them about the plan for the night!


++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++

++++++++++

+++++++

++++

++




Happy Valley! Hing's Ex Landlady invited us to have a party at Happy Valley!

Look at Hing, too curious looking here and there!


Took a picture with Juddy! Thanks for the ang pau and beer! All of us were half drunk!


Its been a while I did not take picture with Timo since he is always "busy" with his relatives' birthdays!



Next Station: David House!




David was 'flying' to Singapore the next accompanying his dad to Singapore! Pity him!



On our way back to our house, we grabbed pictures of four of us!



*************************************************************************************



3rd day of Chinese New Year............................................



Guess Whose the master of this house! Angie? Boo? Angie's Bf who is doing funny face?


1st station of the day: kah Yeang's house!



Its kah Yeang's house! Its been a long time I did not meet her since I left Sinaran Institut!


Next Station: Madeline's house!



Gambling! Playing Rami! For my west Malaysia friends, I will teach you guys how to play it!


Photo taking session! I found this 'gaung' a nice place to take some artistic picture! Hing is giving me a kind of 'Fruit'? Vege? I have no idea at all!



LOndon bridge is not falling! I'm falling off from the gaung! Thanks Made for saving my life!


Took picture with the rest! Some of them are too shy to take picture with me! I wonder why!



Next Station: Evan's house!



Sorry! I gambled again! Chinese New Year 'mah', I have to gamble! This time not rami, poker ( 9 points)!



Took a group picture with Xin Hui, Chris, Sien Huen and Jye!


Took picture with Evan Chai! Great house with 360 degrees of sea view! WOW!



Next Station: Vivian Wong's (frog queen) house!




Gamble again! Wuahahahahahahaha! Poker are inresistable to me!


Ser Mun, Kenneth, Timo, Hing, Vivian, Ade and Jaye! Took this picture after Vivian lost her money to us!


Vivian! This year I brought lots of friends and stayed at your house the longest time in comparison to last few years! Do not scold me anymore!



Next Station: Voo's house!


I did not take any picture because I was rushing back to join my Uncle and Aunties for dinners! However, this is the very 1st time I have visited Voo's house! At last, I can really say I know where you live Voo! Good Luck to you when you further your studies in Aussie!



Next Station: My uncle's house!




I love this dish! Yummy! Really need to thanks all my aunties for preparing all the foods!





This is Sandakan Yee Sang! Looks nice and tempting!


After a fulling meal, what is next? Gambling! This time is red point is not 9 point anymore because the elders do not know how to play!



Last Station of the day: Jye house!



Not Surprisingly, I gambled again! This time I played both Rami and poker! wuahahahahaha

Grabbed a chance to take picture with Jye!



*************************************************************************************



4th day of Chinese New Year............................................




1st station of the day: Aunty Daisy's house!


Hmm................... Miss her tuition classes where I can always sleep, chit chat and order pizza and have a small party there! And of course, english homeworks! lol



Next Station: Xin Hui's house!


Okay, I gambled again! But this time, I only played rami!

Xin Hui's house is full with artistic decorations! Flowers, plants here and there!



Next Station: Kenneth's house!


Kenneth's house is just few steps away! But I still want to drive to his house! What a waste of petrol!


Okay, again and again! I gambled, I played Rami and drank red wine! I'm an adult what!


Alvin was 'forced', I meant invited to play home-made deal or not deal with Adrian! SUPER DUPER FUNNY!


Took picture with Kenneth! Seriously, seldom taking pictures with Kenneth! Well, chinese new year just provided this opportunity for me!



Next Station: Jaye's House!



I did not visit her house on the second day of Chinese New Year because I went back to my grandparents' house! Well, i still manage to go to her house and wish her parents Happy Chinese New Year and take ang pao and gamble!

Jaye and me! Now both of us are cheap and Jaye, you sure know the reason!



Next Station: Boo Boo's house




We had dinner at Boo Boo's house, we even had lamb chop! This is the only picture which I can find in my camera! However, I remember I took picture with Boo and his mum! I wonder who deleted my picture????????????????????????



Last Station of the day: Chris house!



1st time ever to enter Chris house! It is huge and gargantuan! Very comforting! And its a good place for us or me to play Rami which means I gamble again!

Chris and I, Black and whithe! But why do we choose taking picture besides flowers? Chris haih!



*************************************************************************************


5th day of Chinese New Year............................................


1st station: My house!

Jye, Xin Hui, Sien Huen, Mild, Tze Yen, Ket Vui, Boo, Woon Yee, Chris visited my house to........................................ gamble! I did not take any pictures because we were to busy gambling!


Next Station: Timo's house!



We celebrated Timo and jye's birthday since most of us will be going back on Sunday ( their birthday).


We found this ligth ball! Shinning ball! which creates a romantic atmosphere around the place~



I did not gamble at Timo's place! Indeed, I played Pictionary and Scrabble! Healthy games!



We were preparing a birthday cake to surprise Timo who was busy gambling!



Manggo cream cake? Bought from little Nanyang!



The 19th Timo and 20th Jye blowing one candle together! Happy Birthday again to Timo and Jye!



Took picture with the birthday boy and Ade!



Since, I'll be leaving soon! I took picture with friends which I seldom see! Like Yapp!




And Ser Mun!



Here's a group picture of all! SMILE!



Next Station: Hing's house!



Although, it was late at night! I still manage to visit Hing's mum! Sorry for disturbing! Again, I did not visit Hing's house on the 1st day of chinese new year because of relatives!


Ah Bin aka Bingo! Still looks handsome but a little bit lazy maybe too tired for running here and there for the whole day!



Took picture with Hing, Timo and Ah Bin! Had a great time playing with the dogs!



*************************************************************************************



6th day of Chinese New Year............................................



1st station of the day: Ade's house~

Guess what is this?


These are not just normal bbq pork! They are surrounded with a layer of cheese! Yummy!


Thanks Ade for all the foods! Wow, I can't imagine how many foods you had on the 1st day of chinese new year because you still have a lot of foods on the firthday of chinese new year!



Next Station: Visit Guan Yung!



Siah gave him famos A'mos cookies and I grabbed a chance to take picture with this little young adult!



Next Station: Ket Vui's house!



Again, I was so busy gambling till I have forgotten to take picture with him! Sorry! By the way, I lost a lot of money at his place!



Next Station: My house again!



My uncles and aunts come and have dinner with us! We celebrated 7th day of chinese new year earlier because my bro and I will be leaving tomorrow!


This is for vegetarian!




This is for cannibals ( me and my bro)!




Yee Sang! More vege becasue we need to take care of my vegetarian relatives!



Mixed the Yee Sang and you will have a propesrity year!


Next Station: Hing's house again!



I'll be leaving tomorrow, that is why we had a small gathering to chat and take pictures and gamble!

By the way, me and siah actually fighted while playing lego!


Lego flying up high!




Hmm............ after this gathering, I wonder when all of us will meet again! Jaye Siah, Ade, Hing, Ah Khen and Timo(Cinderella)!


*************************************************************************************


7th day of Chinese New Year...........................................


I'm going back to Kl today! I miss Sandakan, my parents and my friends so much! Maybe God wanted me to stay at Sandakan for a longer time, that is why my flight was delayed! However, I'm still not satisfied with the time I spent in Sandakan for this Chinese New Year!


Will miss you guys a lot! Hing, Jaye, Ade, Timo, Voo, Alvin and Siah!

Bye Bye friends! Happy Chinese New Year!




Do you think this is the end of my Chinese New Year post?????





Nope! There are still more comming...................!





*************************************************************************************



8th day of Chinese New Year............................................



Morning Session: Intec!



Back to Intec! My lecturer Mr Kamal took my picture because he admires me a lot!

My friends and I decided to continue our celebration here in Intec!

Yee Sang! This time, we intorduced Yee Sang to our non-chinese classmates!


We shouted fly to USA and get 4 flat for our cgpa while we were mixing the yee sang!



Afternoon session: Pak Li Kopi Tiam!


Again! Yee Sang, This time is with my friends!



We shouted the same thing as well! 4 Flat and fly to USA!



well, that is all for this post......................


More activities coming for next post........................................................





Happy Ox-picious lunar year to everyone!

25 people were enlightened!:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Its a long long post. Good boy of mine..
HAHA! Wei, i saw most of the pics also related to food one.. ==" Wei, tahun depan aku pergi rimah mu makan 'tuen yuin fan' ok tak? sedapnya masakan mamak mu.. "salivas"~.. Fun during cny right, but i bet less fun without me.. HAHA.. ok, i will pretend to shy @*_*@.. Eh ur hair.. New hair cut again isit? gone spiky dy wor..?? i think kan, u are a bit bad though, dint take a single of picture at some of the frens house.. !!! should get some punishment.. Whheeee!
anyways, i miss u.. as in fighting with u.. WUAHAHAHA.. I know you had great days back in sdk, still... happy chinese new year!

Anonymous said...

Ur new hairstyle really.. Haha..
Anyway..
Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Ah Tzun Zai said...

Michelle C!
This is the longest comment ever!
Thank you so much lol!

Funggie!
Why why why why why?
wanna fight izzit? lol

Anonymous said...

yea mich that's really quite a long comment! wow tzun the food - SCRUMPTIOUS! the people - BEAUTIFUL!
the atmosphere - HOT! the festivity - HEARTWARMING! the activities - MARVELOUS! the friendship - SWEET!
the blogger - HANDSOME

Anonymous said...

OMG~Tzun...Really LONG story and dont worry...I still able to read all of them~Haha...I so missed you all...And my birthday is coming soon also TZUN!!!Just remind you o~Hahaha...

Anonymous said...

wow. this is ONE very very long post.

good enough to compensate the fact that u didn't update as much last time wuahaha.

happy cny!!

Anonymous said...

wah!!!must be very patient to read your blog...
who's d leng lui at the last pic? *clear throat*

Ah Tzun Zai said...

Siah: I love ur comment very much!Especially the last sentence of ur comment!

Hanyi: Ur birthday? When? wuahahahaha

Denise: Long post leh! Took me a week to upload all the pictures! Line sucks here!

Alicia: Pretty gal? Leng Lui? How come I din notice it!

Child said...

LOL. Siah! The blogger handsome! haha.
I found out that Tzun's present look is just like Ah long's main actor.

Ah Tzun Zai said...

yapp: I will always remember wat u said! Dun fren u! lol

mintshung said...

1 week to upload the pictures?
are you exaggerating??
LOL maybe wont be seeing you for a long long time after cny...
so if got chance must meet me...
i will go KL for transit worrr...
i will be staying at airport 5 hrs before departure...
tell you when i fly..
just REMIND you ok??

Anonymous said...

okie..
now m hungry..
all ur fault 2 FORCE me read tis super loooonggggg entry ..
n most importantly..LEAVE COMMENT..
=)
-huichin-

Anonymous said...

here's ur comment.. haha
really a long post.. last night i sambil read n watch tv.. nearly faint cause too long...
anyway u all had a great fun during CNY but im not there.. everytime reading u guys blog n saw all the pictures will remind me tht im not there n u guys had a lot of gathering n fun.. seems so emo
is CNY so must be happy instead... hahaha... all the best in ur study.. n dun forget to visit me.. i'm waiting

Ah Tzun Zai said...

voo: what ur tryin to say is asking me to go airport izzit? How i go? lol


Hui Chin: Hungry! Then go Bistro da bao! lol

Joanne: Dun sad! We will have chance to meet up de!

Adeline Chang said...

hmmm..
i love siah's comment..
very creative always..
and..
hmmm..
i got a bit "wai yi" the last sentence of his comment!!
yuhoo~
hey.. my bro da bao me abc and sate from san cheong lung.. bler!!
happy new year!

ahkhen said...

Woo.. the pictionary.. i guess is running track? haha.. hope tat im correct. =D happy cny. looking forward to the next gathering.. woo hoooo!!!

Stephy said...

wow, itz really super damn long post!!! luckily i have the patience to finish it (without any @#$%&*, lol).i tot i was the most busy 1 during CNY...but it seems like u wr much much more busy than me!!! ei, how many ang paos u gt and where is my ang pao??? (waiting...) lol, btw, i m still waiting 4 ur hair 2 grow longer. :P

Anonymous said...

KHEN IT'S RUNWAY RUNWAY RUNWAY!

Anonymous said...

Fook Lim: Tzun looks like Ah wong with his new hair...
Then ah my mum praised Tzun claimed tat he more handsome like tat....ahahaha....so yea...aunties uncle like...guai zai hair....

yes...abt this entry! It's a erm..good one...but way too long...
for the photos some are really nice cos got me inside! however some r too blur...
the blogger erm...zhi lian lo...
well the language...hmm ok am nobody to comment on tat...
wat else?
OH! the food! I'm sure they r all finger licking good since it's from Wen Mui!

So here my comment for you...hopefully u can absorb wat i've said n improve in ur upcoming entries..

wahahaha..feel like slapping me dy? Tat's wat a real comment goes ma....Ok..im just trying to make my comment long long oso ba...kiasu

so wish ya a prosperous year ahead! Gong xi fatt cai! Most importantly, stay healthy n not to fall into any longkang again....*oops* Last but not least, all the best to u in ur studies!Take care :)

Anonymous said...

N i know who is ur fren S_ _ _ _ Y....
wahaha...

Ah Tzun Zai said...

adeline: I din eat satay at all! shit! lol and why u waiy yi the last sentence?

Ah Khen: its runway! Very obvious lo!

Siah: so clever and honest!

Stephy: Dun let me see u on sunday! If not u wont live ! lol

Hing: So long, long long comment! So Kia zu! wuahahahahahahaha! tats why i need to reply u as long as possible! Thanks for the sincere comments! i'll take it seriously for the sake of my blog! By the way, I'm not zi lian! I din post up all my self taken picture! The phota are nice but not because of u! Seriously there's one picture which I uploaded, the one four of us took the picture in ur car! U look so old! wuahahahahahahaha! Some pictures are blur because i only found out it is blur after i uploaded it! I dun wan to change it because it will take me another several hours to upload it! Reasonable? The entry is long! Because i dun have the time to post two posts back to back! Tats why, I ask all of u to be patient! wuahahahahahahahaha and tis proves that ur not patient! wuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I dunno why i have to type all these things! Just want to make my reply long enough! Thanks for ur long long comment again!

Happy New Year and all the best to u as well! For studies, love and everything!

Wuahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I think its long enough gua!

mintshung said...

i wrote this comment, its not too long, to be caught up about you...

oh yeah yap lim lim - your line sounds so irony. and i love it! hahahaa

tzun tzun, hahaha that i what i was trying to say lorrr... dont say it out ma, hahahaha, its just a friendly REMINDER!
see, after this cant meet like before again.zz when i holiday you are busying, and when you holiday its my turn to busy with all my stuffs, simply say its timing not enough!
since i will be at kl, at least reachable by road, we should take the chance to gather! if you come i spend you eat kfc cheesy wedges at airport there wan?
wow your ........ (fill in the blanks yourself) fren whose name starts with S and ends with Y is so ......... (fill in the blanks) hahaha, her blog is only open to invited readers oO...kepo ppl like me cannot go inside and read the story of 2 of you... should be there is many unspeakable secret in the blog!!!
wuahahahaha thanks to booboo and now the whole world know about it! and i purposely check it out that evening... and kepo siah even came and ask from me!!! see when got your red bomb oO tzun!

Anonymous said...

here is the comment tat i say i will drop.. but when i saw a lot of ppl's comment really really long.. i dunno wat to type until tat long.. anyway.. it seems tat u din upload the photo of using butterfly trap in tok tok wor.. LOL

Ah Tzun Zai said...

Verne: the flower trap cannot be taken picture ! Of not I will have bad lucks! lol!

Voo: too much liao! lol

Anonymous said...

... dont type such a long post.

not reader-friendly pun.

ok..

i stop here =P